You are in the press and information area of the Valencia Indie Summit. Below you will find a selection of files and data to facilitate any informative work.
In case your agency or you do not find the information you need, please contact the organization through one of the multiple channels we have at your disposal or the contact form.
What: About the event and his history
VIS is an international event that gathered more than 600 fans, creators and professionals of our sector in its first edition. We count with an extent exhibition area were teams and developers gather with publishers of other countries.
The program consists of of two sections: two days devoted to professionals in the videogame sector —developers and industry respectively— and a third one devoted to the general public. Both sections with talks, round tables, project exhibitions, networking area and a financing and investment table. The event will end with a gala of awards, the "Valencia Indie Awards".
Since 2018 we have intended Valencia Indie Summit to be an annual meeting that does not fail the city and creators, even in the worst scenarios updating its means as much as possible. Among its objectives are to help consolidate the city of Valencia as a strategic meeting point for this professional sector and open new international frontiers for creators and companies.
- First edition: 2018
- Website: www.valenciaindiesummit.com
- Press / Business contact: Contact form
- Social: facebook.com/ValenciaIndieSummit twitter.com/VlcIndieSummit
- Video channels: youtube/channel twitch.tv/valenciaindiesummit
- Location: Las Naves, Centro de Innovación del Ayuntamiento de València
- Address: Joan Verdeguer, 16, 46024 Valencia
- Number of days: 2 for professionals 1 general public
- Target professional audience: Indie developers Publishers Educators Students
- Date: Early March
- Project submissions: Until February
- Institutions: LasNaves Asoc. Estudiantes de Videojuegos Valencia Interactive IVACE Internacional
- Director: Ramón Nafria Nagore
Who: Organizers, Partners & Collaborators
A public entity that depends on the City Council of Valencia and that promotes urban innovation with a clear commitment to people putting them at the center of innovative action. Social innovation with one objective: to improve directly or indirectly the quality of life of each and every one of the people in the city of Valencia in a way not known or not implemented in practice. The entity seeks innovation with the active involvement of actors from the so-called "four propellers": public sector, private sector, academic sector/researcher and civil society.
Asociación de Estudiantes de Videojuegos
The Video Game Student Association is a statewide non-profit association. It is an intrinsically democratic organization where no member receives any kind of remuneration for their work.
The Video Game Student Association, as determined by its statutes, exists to meet the following objectives, among others: To accommodate anyone who wants to learn to develop video games or is active in the industry, promote the development of video games through collaborative work, and encourage contact between students of video games and professionals in the sector.
This is a group for all those interested in the video game industry, be they artists, programmers, designers, producers, testers, community managers, media... Valencia Interactive organizes a monthly Meetup, an informal meeting, where you can meet and chat with professionals from the videogame industry in Valencia. A public and free event whose only "restriction" is to be part of the video game industry (or want to be).
The Valencian Institute of Business Competitiveness (IVACE, Institut Valencià de Competitivitat Empresarial) is a public entity integrated in the Generalitat Valenciana. Its mission is managing the industrial policy of the Generalitat and supporting companies in matter of innovation, internationalisation, attraction of investment, as well as promoting technological enclaves, and the industrial safety of products and facilities, among others. Likewise, it manages the energetic policy under the principles of energetic efficiency and promotion of the use of renewable energy.
Relevant news coverage
- El sector de los videojuegos independientes se da cita en la V Valencia Indie Summit - Europa Press (2023)
- Más de cien videojuegos independientes de todo el mundo se dan cita en el Valencia Indie Summit - La Vanguardia (2022)
- El IV Valencia Indie Summit llega con récord de videojuegos de todo el mundo - Valencia Plaza (2021)
- Mojiken Studio and Toge Productions Win Big At Valencia Indie Summit - IGN Southeast Asia (2021)
- Cinco empresas internacionales de videojuego, en el Valencia Indie Summit - La Vanguardia (2020)
- La segona València Indie Summit connectarà als creadors de videojocs amb distribuïdors internacionals - Apunt (2019)
- Los videojuegos independientes vuelven a Las Naves con el evento internacional València Indie Summit 2019 - 20 Minutos (2019)
- El Valencia Indie Summit vuelve los días 7, 8 y 9 de marzo - Vandal (2019)
- Indiespensable / Valencia Indie Summit 2019 - Vandal (2019)
- 500 profesionales y estudiantes de videojuegos independientes toman Las Naves - Cadena Ser (2018)